Wednesday, December 9, 2009

My Holiday Essentials

The holiday seasons are here and holidays = dinner with friends, family reunions and the endless Christmas parties. I do not plan to shop for myself this December since I'm kinda broke, the malls are in a state of chaos and I'm waiting for the sales on January. Also, I want to maximize the pieces that I already have in my closet. So I'm making this my season for mixing and matching! Here are some the pieces that I plan to incorporate into my holiday dressing. Most of these are old stuff from my closet except for the hair thingies..=) Since I'll be wearing my old mostly gray/black clothes I'll just add these few pieces to make my look a little bit more festive. (All from SM department store)
Headbands with rhinestones or feather details are a cheap way to instantly liven up an all black ensemble.(Unbranded fringe scarf; Patricia Field for Marks and Spencer scarf)
Probably the only time I could wear scarves for its real purpose -- to keep me warm!Tights can polish a look in an instant.
You can also wear them with your too short dresses that's been hiding in your closet.


(Aldo earrings)
We all need a pair of big, bold statement earrings in our life.
Now's the best time to buy if you still don't have one.

Solo Men's Jacket; Thrifted $1 blazer
Thank God for the Christmas breeze! I can now rock my blazers/jacket without looking like a Sweaty Betty.

(Yellow clutch and Black clutch with gold detail: Forever 21; Plastic structured clutch: CMG)
Arm candies!
I unearthed my woven oversized clutch in my closet. Yey I thought I lost this yellow baby. The smallest one was the clutch I used during my graduation last April. The black one with the pyramid stud is such a steal I got it for $10.


stylebible.phLast but definitely not the least -- Make-up! Make-up is an essential this holiday season. The party season is the perfect excuse to get dolled up and try new looks. I will always be loyal to the smoky eye look as it is the look that I've kinda mastered but I will also try experimenting with my new palette that I got from the bazaar.


These pics were taken last Sunday. The siblings and I had dinner at our favorite restaurant Cibo.
Janilyn snakeskin pumps, Brother's Vans sneakers. I don't know what brand of shoes my sister wore that day.
Sorry for the slow updates. It's just that I made an early New Year's resolution to study for at least 2 hours everyday including weekends. And since November 25, I've been sticking with the plan very very well. I'm buying myself Royce chocolate next week if I continue on doing so haha..Hopefully, I'll get to post more since I'll be going out a lot this December.

Tomorrow is Surgery's Christmas party and I'm on duty (AGAIN!) at the ER! Booo.. I don't know if we could make takas (sneak out of the hospital) later into the night but we still have to ask the chief Surgery resident for permission..=( I SERIOUSLY WANT TO GO!

Free food + an excuse to dress up = a happy me!

16 comments:

  1. The fascinator is so pretty, it's so colorful! Love also the yellow colored clutch.

    I don't do Christmas shopping for myself too especially during December because usually they hike up the prices. Wait na lang ako for the January sales. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're ready to party Mads. Cibo at ATC? Too bad we didn't bump into each other. I love Cibo... the best iced tea in the whole wide world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cibo! And feathers! And that black clutch with the gold stud!





    www.trustme-itsparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeeeuuuuuh your snakeskin Heels tend to exude such a Bewitching "I want to be biten by" venom Dear, "Fetishistically" exquisite !!!!

    à Bientôt, Antoine

    ReplyDelete
  5. the thrifted blazer is booonnngggaaa!!! very now. haha. and the snakeskin pumps look like louboutins! taray lang.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey thanks for stopping by ! aw thank you for the lovely comment, I'll be sure to pass that one onto my friends ; )

    those feathered headbands are an essential. I've been searching for one for a while too.

    Slash would you care to exchange links? I'd love for our visits to be a regular thing : )

    xx
    Louise
    http://thefwordonline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome you have great accessories!

    xo Niki

    http://ahautemess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgous gorgeous accessories !! I love love your feather headpiece and also loveeee smokey eyes!

    Yeaaa,I too don't understand why french phrases always sound so nice. heee <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love ur snake printed heels <3 hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mads! i love this post.

    *headbands - out of curiosity, ginupitan ko bangs nang pagkapagit pangit.so im thinking of buying headbands to accessorize my hair at matabunan ang pangit kong bangs.

    *blazer/jacket - ganda mads! makahanap nga sa ukayan.haha

    *make-up - naku!im not into make-up.hindi ako marunong but i'll try. kahit lipstick lng muna.haha.gnda ni Ms. Agot no?

    *about claudine naman - honestly,nashock ako.grabe.im not a fan of claudine pero parang loser lang nang dating na lumipat sya sa GMA-7(di ko kayang panoorin gma shows).sad nmn hindi xa agad nabigyan ng projects ng abs para pigilan xa.hihi. basta si juday dapat abs lng.hihi

    i love those pictures.yung last.cute nyong sisters.ang kulit lng.haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. great blog! i love everything you put up here <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow you scored that jacket for one buck, that is awesome, i love this post
    i m diggin those scarf, im broke too but somehow i always manage to do my trifty shopping =)

    love this post!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice headband and snakeskin heels! happy holidaysss (:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love the make up palette!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you're going to be my study hero. well done, Mads.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your feather head pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Hallooooooo!!

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking time to leave comment. I will be checking out your blogs too as soon as I have time..=) If you want to ask a question, I'll try to answer them in your blog.

LINK EXCHANGES ARE WELCOME! Just say so..